Windows itself can do a little to enumerate processes to ports but it's on CLI for now, i.e. NO GUI (i'm a GUI addict, i mean, why make things complicated right?)
Why i love CurrPorts?
- I can checkout what program is listening, communicating and responding to which port(s) including UDP ports. Double clicking the process will enlist all necessary information about that process/ports/application
- I can KILL programs, more hardcore then "END TASK" from Windows.
- I can run this to analyze application behaviors
- Its free and there's no crappy INSTALLERS, just run LAH!
- Runs on Vista (used to like ActivePorts, but it doesn't support Vista :(