My clients do not mind if i do screen captures and documenting after the settings but you know how tedius this can be right BUT they won't like it if i install *ANY* software which modifies registries, installs drivers etc just to inventorize their machines.
I bumped into this tool introduced by a friend, Frank Rovers, called System Information for Windows or short for SIW.
Why i like this tool?
- You don't have to install anything, just run the EXE file
- Collects huge amount of information that you could do so within minutes which you would normally do in hours
- Collects Software, Hardware and Network information
- Collects realtime information like CPU, HDD etc
- Has some pretty neat tools right out like reveal passwords hidden behind asterisks, Product Keys and Serial Numbers (CD Key), MAC Address Changer, Shutdown / Restart.
- ITS FREE!
THANK YOU GABRIEL TOPALA Download it straight from here http://www.gtopala.com/en/siw.exe
PS> Vista will request admin rights to run this tool :D
PS> The *secret* is dangerous, it can reveal passwords stored in plain text, so try not to export secrets out into exportable formats. BE RESPONSIBLE. Mine revealed Firefox password (im gonna blog this)