- 1. It's open, therefore there's NO encryption, everyone (can) see your traffic
- 2. Others can impersonate you! and do stuff you wouldn't (or would, but not in public, haha)
- 3. Anyone could easily impersonate the access point and become the gateway. Which mean, everything passes through his/her computer before reaching another destination
- 4. Your own computer can be easily exposed to unauthorized access (or attempts) since almost ANYONE can connect, which mean, the good and bad guys!
- 5. And finally, It's designed to be insecure! or the implementors have no clue what so ever. So, don't even expect any security on it.