Saturday, December 11, 2010
Google Voice on Asterisk 1.8 bug is now fixed!
When Asterisk 1.8 was released, it had a perfect integration with Google Voice @voice.google.com service. Sometime in the 4th week of November, this broke and Gtalk worked (calling other google accounts) but calling Google Voice (e.g calling to US numbers for Free), didn’t.
I just saw this fixed in Digium’s bug tracker here
Here’s how i got my current working Asterisk to apply the patch. I am sure there are more “polished” ways but this just worked for me
1) Go to your Asterisk source directory, mine is #cd /usr/src/asterisk-1.8.0
2) Go to the channels directory #cd channels
3) Backup the original chan_gtalk.c to somewhere # mv chan_gtalk.c /usr/src/somebackup
4) Get the patch # wget http://svnview.digium.com/svn/asterisk/trunk/channels/chan_gtalk.c?revision=297958&pathrev=297958
5) Rename it #mv chan_gtalk.c\?revision\=297958 chan_gtalk.c
6) Go back to asterisk source main directory #cd ..
7) # ./configure
8) make && make install
9) Stop and restart asterisk # asterisk –rx “core stop now”
And voila! Google Voice worked again, just dialed a friend in US for free <joy>, my dialplan had exten => _1. I dial straight from my Deskphone!
Perfect! now lets enjoy our weekend,
PS> If you want some (flexible) dialplans, here an article that can help you. Go to http://highsecurity.blogspot.com/2010/11/googlevoice-asterisk-18-with-freepbx.html
Posted by Sanjay WS